Saturday 6 August 2016

Letter to TfL contact - post meeting at Palestra

Here is how Gaz will start his Monday morning : Gareth,
RE: the meeting last Thursday.
Firstly I would like to thank you for making at least real contact with a view to moving forward.
As I said many times in that meeting, we have only ever wanted to be taken seriously, contacted and have good, safe working relationship with all. We are an independent, free of tie, community pub, with fantastic customers.
The community are not pleased about the delivery of all the pre consultation letters were never delivered here. Instead, in Tuffnell park. This is cruel.
The audio recording of the meeting is very clear, and I would like to address many new issues. Maybe not all in this email.
You denied anymore guests than Amber (Co-owner), that I had to demand. But wasn't informed of the weighty side of the 4 of you. It was intimidating.
Why the introductions started 15 minutes after the meeting start is beyond me.
The lady who vehemently denied Amber from holding, photographing or taking a copy of the clearly last minute anti social plan without consulting with the residents. They are furious. They will be contacting you. We are a community and pub. Also, she said some awful things, I will take them up separately.
I'm glad you recognize some of the real issues and the time I have spent desperately seeking help before you infringe your own T & C's and further pollute this area by decreasing levels of safety and never repairing infrastructure. I have 100s of emails to support the non transparent and extremely ignorant methods of non communication and poor highway maintenance. Also hours of video. Most can be viewed at YouTube.
The communications officer, Elsa. Could you provide me with direct contact with her department head, please.
The other lady, could you provide her details also , please.
I'm not too worried about the tall guy constantly checking his watch, not really wanting to listen to the concerns. But he could show interest and possibly not interrupt guests while they are speaking. Please pass it on.
To sum up that meeting.
There is no final plan.
Pubs need extra special care.
No consultation was delivered
The 26 year Thames water leak is a disaster and dangerous. Diseases breed in warm weather and water.
The loading bay . Please let me draw you something, but I would like to use my own pen, at my own desk. I invite Max 4 people from TfL to watch magic flow into a reasonable solution. I will cover all hospitality and expenses. Any day soon, at any time is good, but this week is best.
The risk assessment we need to do to honour the new clear risk, danger and worry you have created with a cover up because of islington, developers and a bus station crisis. All could have been averted. You will gulp when I show you.
In my view there are too many errors. I will be more than happy to help you with any difficulties you may perceive.
Speed is of the essence. So far, after 5 years, I think you finally see that we exist and matter. Remember: If anyone I know is injured or killed by these works and the connected infrastructure, I will forward the families every single email pertaining to these issues. I hope you understand why I have methodically kept collecting and pursuing.
Please show me the finished plan. It's all I have ever asked for. How can you start without knowing where to end. Failing to plan, is the same as planning to fail.
We will get to the bottom of this.
Again, thanks for being the 1st person in 5 years to take the time to at least hear the voice of the community and understand the dangers.
I do hope you give me all I request.
A final plan
A meeting
The water leak to stop.
Less gash works.
A loading bay that never involves Despard Rd or the residents.
Thank-you.
Remember we work more hours in a week, than you do in a month.
For me, the above tasks should have already been done. But I will give you till Friday
I only get one chance and a few seconds to get everything right, in my line and of business. Please step up and make the machine move quicker. You all email each other, have corporate responsibility and a watchdog. It's called an emergency meeting. They will come.
Looking forward to booking you in.
Kind regards
Chris.

1 comment:

Lone Facet said...

It was fate to come here at this place. It really paves the way for me to want to go out more. I was fortunate enough to have seen this excellent venue Houston with my friends. The entire space feel warm and intimate.